Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Worst Monday EVER!

So as of Monday, February 22, 2010, I was 38 weeks 5 days pregnant, 25 years old, and had NEVER been in an accident. WELLLLL...now I'm still 25, 38 weeks 6 days pregnant, but you can add me to the accident club. :(

Jerid and I were driving to his mom's house in Ovilla and then going to Waxahachie to see about getting him an eye exam. He only has one contact in and can't really drive...so I was driving. We were in my car...my sweet little car...and going about 40mph. We approached an intersection and had the green light. So did the truck coming the opposite way...only he was turning left...an UN-protected left. He thought he had enough clearance only I don't think he took into consideration the TRAILER hooked onto the back of his truck. The same trailer that I didn't see til it was too late and clipped the end of on my front passenger side...Jerid's side. I tried to swerve but there was a truck and if I didn't stop when I did it could have been a lot worse. The more I think about it I don't even remember him trying to stop...but there's no telling if he even saw me after he turned.

So people who really know me, know that car accidents are my worst fear in life. I am scared to death of them. I immediately started to cry and freak out. Thank GOD Jerid was there to try to calm me down best he could. I think the entire town of Ovilla stopped...it's not a very big town anyway. ;) The police were literally walking distance from where we were and came in no time. Well seeing how I am 9 months pregnant they went ahead and called an ambulance to check me out. I ended up taking that ambulance to the hospital because my blood pressure was thru the roof...which is expected. Let me tell you, I guess I never really put into thought what an ambulance ride would entail...but I was NOT a fan of that ride. Not comfy at all! But everyone was super sweet and trying to make me feel better.

Keep in mind this entire time I'm in the ambulance Jerid is off dealing with the police, his mom came, and I didn't even have my purse or cell phone with me. I was hoping that when I got to the hospital they would just go ahead and take her...NOPE! She was fine. Perfectly fine! They did keep me for a couple hours to monitor my stupid contractions that I've been having for weeks now...but they aren't good enough to stay or induce. The only progress I've made is instead of being 1cm dilated I am now 1-2...whooo...watch out now! I'm going to see my doctor today, I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow...and maybe, just maybe I can talk him into inducing me by the end of this week. Obviously I'm under a little bit of stress. ;)

I am VERY thankful that Jerid was ok. I can't imagine what it would have been like if he got hurt, or if he wasn't even there. I had no idea what to do. I got home around 4:30pm and called my insurance company. They said it was a non-fault claim...meaning not my fault! :) And now I'm waiting to hear back from the adjuster to see the extent of the damages and how long and how much it's going to cost. I didn't even want to look at the car. From what I understand it messed the fender up real bad along with the tire and door I think. I'm not sure. Jerid tried to drive it but he couldn't so it had to be towed. :( I'm just hoping it's fixable...and can be fixed soon!

So...while I'm at the hospital...Jerid called my mom. Haha...I WISH I could have heard that conversation! Needless to say she packed her car up and called my brother. She lives in Fort Stockton...which is about 7.5 hours away. My mama is 64 and does not drive at night. It was probably 2:30pm when she left...maybe closer to 3...I'm not sure. She had my poor brother drive half way across Texas to meet her and drive her back to Richardson where he lives. He had to take my nephew and his girlfriend with him to have that extra driver. It's a mess! They got to his house about 11:45pm. So...I'm thankful that my brother did that. Even though I would have rather her just drive as far as she could have yesterday, stopped, then drove the rest this morning, but it's supposed to snow and that would ad to her horrible driving. I'm glad she's here though.

This entire pregnancy I've been without any of my family...and I know I have Jerid and his family, it's just not the same. I haven't seen my mom since I got married...which will be a year in May! A girl just needs her mama now and then. So, hopefully after my doctor's appointment which is at 10:00am, I will be able to see her. I'm not sure though being it will be snowing at that time. As long as I know she's on this side of the state...I feel better.

Overall though I feel ok. Just sore from the tension but Jerid and I both don't remember even feeling anything. The air bags didn't deploy, my seat belt didn't tighten...I just remember seeing it hit the car. I had a very hard time getting to sleep last night. That was ALL I could think about. It's gonna take me a little time to get over this. I know it wasn't a horrible accident...but ANY kind of accident freaks me out. I am so thankful that Maleigha was ok too.

I still didn't sleep well last night though. I kept waking up and I'm pretty sore...I've been awake since 3:30am and it is now almost 6:00am...so I'll probably just go get into the shower here in a minute and see what I can get done around the house. Anyway...just wanted to share with whoever about my experience. And know that I am very thankful for being ok, Jerid being ok, and Maleigha as well. God was with us.

(Oh yeah...that other guy was ok too. Not a thing wrong with his trailer or anything! So thankfully no one was hurt,

No comments:

Post a Comment