Saturday, February 6, 2010

25 days...

I have roughly 25 days until I'm a mommy. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. Jerid and I got married May 23rd, 2009...we found out I was pregnant after 5...FIVE tests on June 28th, 2009. Needless to say...we wanted to start a family right away...and all it took was a month! ;) We are so happy though and thankful that we were able to get pregnant so easily. I don't know about most women, but for someone who has never been pregnant before I worried that I wouldn't be able to. That something would be wrong. Thankfully though I have had a very NORMAL pregnancy...with no complications...as of yet and hopefully I won't have any at all!

(Some of you may be wondering about my previous blog I had...I deleted it. I needed a fresh start and I realized that everything I wrote about was in the past...nothing could be done about it...and it needed to stay there.) With this blog I hope to keep my family updated on everything going on in our lives...especially with Maleigha coming. She isn't the first grand baby on either side but she's the first one in a long time!

It's weird being pregnant. I'm not a 'happy' pregnant person. I have been VERY emotional...and seeming how I'm a wimp this isn't exactly the most comfortable feeling in the world. I will say that the most incredible feeling is FEELING her move inside me. Sometimes in the ribs and at 3:00am it's not so great...but it really makes you believe in God if you don't already. It's crazy though. I am sooooo ready for her to be here and to have my body back! Jerid is so excited to be a daddy and I know he is going to be an incredible one as well. He is great with kids...may act like one sometimes...but I'm a kid at heart too...we're perfect for each other.

I'm sad to say that with only 25 days left until she should be here...Maleigha's room is not completely ready. :( We are waiting to move the computers out until we get our tax return back so I can get a laptop. Then we can move everything out. We haven't filed out taxes yet because we're waiting for one more W-2. And I still need to get her dresser/changing table from my mom-in-law who is painting it for me...she's a saint! But it'll be OK...that's what I keep telling myself...but for someone who is currently nesting and feels the need to wash my shower curtains...it's kind of driving me crazy that I don't have everything ready!

Hopefully I'll be better about this blog than the last one and I'll try to update more often...at least let ya know when Maleigha is born. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment