Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh Goodness...

'OH GOODNESS'...that's one of Maleigha's new phrases lately.  But I thought it was a good title because it has been a VERY long time since I've posted anything.  Tons of things have happened, like I'm PREGNANT with our second child and it has been a bumpy ride ever since I've found out. 

I think I knew I was pregnant almost immediately...I started to get soooo nauseous at night and even some during the day.  We found out on January 4th, 2012...so it was a great way to start off the new year.  Of course I wanted a child and had been trying for a while actually.  We found it to be very hard this time around.  With Maleigha it happened first try...not so much this time around.  So not too soon after finding out I was pregnant, a friend from High School passed away in a tragic car accident.  Which even though I haven't spoken to him in years...we literally grew up less than a block away from one another and he was one of the funniest and sweetest people.  I handled it okay...but then the VERY NEXT DAY I got a call from my sister that my mom had fallen and broken her hip.  WTF!?  So my brother, niece, and I drove across Texas (well my brother drove...I can't drive a standard) and got there while she was in surgery to replace it.  At this point I'm getting a little stressed out.  During the time we were there with my mom we had some family business to take care of which is what really sent me over my stress threshold.  Things are better with that situation and has resulted in her moving out here and she is currently living with my brother until we can help her find a place down here where I live. 

So during this time, I am still experiencing some pretty hardcore morning sickness.  And of course, it's not just limited to the morning but rather all day and especially at night.  Well I went to the doctor for my first appointment last month and was given a prescription for zofran which helps with nausea.  WEllllllllll that zofran causes me to have other stomach issues that you can use your imagination...but let me add the stomach cramps are what I cannot handle.  I took it for a couple of days and then realized what was causing me to be in so much pain and discomfort.  So I stopped taking it and have managed the nausea pretty well.  Things got back in order...then I went for an ultrasound on the 29th of February, and found out that I have a HUGE cyst on my right ovary. 

Well HELL!  So of course I'm thinking this has GOT to do with why I've been feeling so shitty this time around.  Yes I know that all pregnancies are different but good grief...I was barely ever sick with Maleigha...and there are days that I can hardly function with this pregnancy.  I haven't been experiencing any pain per say...but from the way the ultrasound tech put it I should be doubled over in pain.  Awesome. 

So I had my appointment with my doctor on Monday the 5th and she let me know just how big that cyst was...6 inches.  Well 11.2cm x 5.6cm....so it's a pretty good size.  She seemed kind of concerned about it...which of course made me concerned.  If it doesn't go away on it's own...or gets bigger, then around 20 weeks I will have surgery to have it removed.  Fabulous!  The only kind of surgery I've had is oral surgery...I've never been cut open...soooooooo scared about that. They also saw some bleeding behind the placenta that they want to watch as well. Well, before I started talking to the doctor, they tried to find the babies heart rate/beat using the external doppler...and they couldn't find it.  So of course that got me all kinds of upset but my doctor reassured me that it was normal to not be able to pick it up sometimes being that I'm only in my 12th week.  But to be on the safe side I had to go up to Arlington (current doc is in Mansfield) to their other location and have another ultrasound.  Mainly to check the size of the cyst but also to check on the baby.

I was excited to see that the ultrasound tech that did my first ultrasound was also the same tech that did my second one. Her name is Diana...LOVE HER!  So I felt a little better, and immediately I saw the baby's heart beat and Diana let me listen to it for a good long time until I felt better.  Diana made a good point in that with the cyst being so large it could be making it difficult to pick up the baby's heartbeat on the doppler.  So, besides the fact my baby was still alive and kicking...the cyst really hadn't made a change over the course of a few days.  But still, I have the feeling that I am going to have to have surgery. :(

Something exciting happened today.  I swear on everything that I can feel the baby move today.  I know they say after you've already had a baby you can feel them move sooner on because you know what it feels like...and I have felt it like 5 different times.  It could be nothing...but I really do think it's my baby.  :) 

So...that's all I'm going to update on right now.  There is TONS I could do about my sweet Bug...but that girl deserves a blog all her own.  Love that little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment