Monday, September 19, 2011

The Lettuce Conspiracy

When I was pregnant I didn't have heartburn at all!  That is until the last couple of weeks...but I only got it when I ate lettuce.  Seeming how lettuce is one of the 5 vegetables that I eat...it sucked!  So I stopped eating it and started back up really eating it a couple weeks ago.  I know right...it's been like a year!  Anyway...I noticed that after I ate it I got heartburn...I was like wtf?!  So I googled it to see if this was common for women or if they experienced anything similar after pregnancy.  I call my mom and told her the story.  She said that she's heard of that happening and that was pretty much the end of the conversation.

Well, my mom called me back like 10 minutes later.  (This is the good part)  She tells me that she started thinking about it and she's been getting heart burn as well form lettuce.  REALLY?!  What a coincidence mom?!  She said that she thinks 'THEY' are putting something on the lettuce.  Who you may ask...my thoughts exactly.  She then said that when she came down here the last time the lettuce she got at Brookshire's (my local grocery store) it didn't give her heartburn.  I then let her know that is where I got my lettuce.  She said well...maybe 'THEY' are putting something on the lettuce as well.

I'm not really thinking it out when I'm talking to her...but at the end of the conversation it hits me...who are 'THEY'? HaHa...as my mother gets older the things that come out of her mouth are more and more ridiculous.  Don't get me wrong...I laughed hysterically when I told Jerid about the lettuce conspiracy.

I haven't asked her what or who she thinks 'THEY' are...but I was talking to her yesterday about romaine lettuce and how I enjoy it more than iceburg now.  She told me...'Well, just make sure you wash it really well before you do anything with it...you know...to wash off that stuff 'THEY' put on it.'

I love my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment